Monday, October 3, 2011

"Fuel For Free"

After seeing  an advertisement for  a Dry Logmaker in the Renew Magazine I was very pleased when it arrived today. I purchased the one made from recycled plastic and have learnt how to make logs from newspapers.


Whilst I used newspaper today as we had been given a pile by a neighbour it is also possible to use cardboard rolls, egg boxes, shavings, leaves, twigs, plum, peach, olive stones, and remnants of wax candles ( and a whole lot more).
Whilst I would prefer to use teabags, coffee grounds etc in the compost bins and worm farms we do have a tree that has really hard dry leaves that I will experiment with too.


I have just noticed that it suggests mixing different materials when you make logs, so I will do that from now on!

No comments:

Post a Comment