Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Strawberry Guava and Evening Primrose

 Finally I am getting time to get back into the garden and I am picking a small section at a time to deal with, otherwise it feels too hard. Here is an area beneath a palm trunk where a strawberry guava is planted and self seeded evening primrose plants are growing ( and a lot of  self seeded nasturtiums  which are past their best).


After pulling out a whole wheelbarrow full of weeds I placed down the cardboard that I had collected and then three barrows of mulch.  I am not sure what we will do about the dead palm at this stage, but am considering planting a vine to grow up it. Meanwhile this is another section where the weeds will have a harder time getting through and hopefully the food producing plants will have a better chance.

No comments:

Post a Comment