Saturday, March 28, 2015

Flowers for Wellbeing



When I started this garden my focus was on producing edible plants and living a more sustainable lifestyle and any importance I placed on flowers was related to their capacity to produce fruit or vegetables. 

Over the years I have learnt about the importance of beneficial insects and planted flowering herbs to attract them. It is only recently that I have realised the importance of flowers for their beauty, fragrance and health benefits.

Studies are showing that having flowers around us makes us feel kinder and more compassionate and reduces our stress levels and so I have been out in the garden picking flowers and will now ensure I plant some flowers that are suited to bringing into the house to brighten everyone's day. 

You can read more at the Garden Drum about these benefits.




No comments:

Post a Comment