Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Update WA 16th June 2010

We decided that the ferns under the pergola made too much mess and that this was space that we could open up to food production if we made some raised beds.
This involved moving the ferns into shady spots where all their fallen leaves would compost instead of being a problem and lifting some pavers.

We laid newspaper and the grass clippimgs, sand and manure, the first layers are beginning.

Now we will wait for a week and then add pea straw and perhaps another layer before planting anything, but we are really pleased with what we have achieved and look forward to turning this spot that was full of sand and no living organisms into another living productive piece of earth.

No comments:

Post a Comment